HomePortalHighScoresClient DownloadSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to RoyalScape's Community!
Please vote at royalvote.tk to bring in more players!
You can download the client by clicking the "Download" tab in the navigation bar.
RoyalScape is owned by Kevin, so all donations should be given to him.

Share | 

On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:55 pm

Just wondering, There hasn't been many people on and the most I've seen on is like 30 in the last few days, we used to have a bunch of people on all the time, If you have the time to reply, Kevin, Can you tell me what you're working on and your plans if you have any to get more people on the server, I've done a bit of advertising myself on MSN/AIM telling people to join, We can't all just give up on something we devoted half of our summer to once its school time, Hopefully things get active again.

On a side note, If anyone wants to add me on Xbox Live my gamertag is RizenWonTheGAME

Cheers, Rizen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:33 pm

The most people we've ever had on was 53 players. Now we've dropped to 30-40, but that amount doesn't last long. The average amount of players online is around 20-29. I do agree that we're shrinking in size, but it's going to get worse before it gets better. Trust me.

The most respected players; Donald123, O G Kush, Rils2, I Pk Urmom I, Saku, Ben, 1337, God, Vitality-- they're all busy with their lives and their schoolwork. I am too, but I do have a lot of free time on my hands, as do some of the newer players. Though I wish that they would get more involved in the community. If people are just going to join a private server to skill and leave, it's pointless in even creating their account.

The issue with RuneScape is that the community doesn't know itself. The people have no interests in befriending players or even being polite. All they do is sit there and kill monsters. It's different in a private server; you get to know people, and you recieve respect for being known, not for your or combat level.
RoyalScape has the best community I've been a part of, not because I'm trying to get points with Kevin or to "show my respect for the server," it's true. I've never joined a server with a better community than this one. I just wish other people would get involved and realize that this is the best server out there.

Also, I may not know everything that Kevin's working on, but here's a short list of what I do know:
Hunting
Fletching (maybe...?)
New Forums
Possibly a webclient

Also, @ that last sentence.
I doubt every player has advertised, but I can promise you that every staff member has tried to get more people to join. People try to devote themselves, but it's difficult when you know that life and schoolwork come before gaming. Others have no idea how to devote themselves and help the community.

I promise you, this is just a hole in the road. We'll be back up to 40-50 players soon enough.

oh g kush
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:23 pm

30-40 players? lol the most ive seen in a couple of days was like 15. a suggestion would be to keep telling people vote so we get more up on the list you know. and bribing players works too like if they vote they get a item, unless that would ruin the economy idk lol. but nine is right about the community eeveryone says hi to everyone lol. and even when people are pking theres miild flaming, i hardly ever see flaming. so yeah i agree with nine about that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pee on Kidz

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:12 am

I only got 1 word for this school.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:55 pm

oh g kush wrote:
and bribing players works too like if they vote they get a item, unless that would ruin the economy idk lol. but nine is right about the community eeveryone says hi to everyone lol.
If you've ever added a server to the RuneLocus Toplist, you'd know that if you bribe players to vote (save the occasional drop party) you can be banned from the Toplist.

Pee on Kidz wrote:
I only got 1 word for this school.
Yeah, me too;
Bitch.

ISkillahI
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Because i stopped , doh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brian

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:13 pm

ISkillerI wrote:
Because i stopped , doh

What u post this for? Spam?

Ye we losing players a lot lately. it kinda sucks...i miss all the people Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oh g kush
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:26 pm

well most of the servers with the most votes do that, like crisisx, if you voted you get 10m, and they were like 2nd or 1st place? well all the real players ive met on here still play, i dont think any of the people that i was friends with have quit lol. its just mostly the new players that quit since they only see 15 people on, or since they dont have any good items, so its just easier for them to quit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i pk urmom i

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:36 pm

ISkillerI wrote:
Because i stopped , doh

Nobody misses you bro. Smile

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:19 pm

I know the webclient if that happens will make a big difference. Im on shoutbox a lot and I hear a lot of people asking if there is a webclient. Also I think maybe checking out the staff a bit? I understand they have lives but we are starting to have no staff on at peak times or just 1. I mean I won't name any but there has been some I haven't seen in weeks. That may or may not effect the newer players that come on. I know i was helping someone last night and he was grumpy about no staff on. I don't know just a few ideas on the conversation I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Good point, Donald. Some players are MORE helpful AND active than staff members at the moment. The reason for keeping them? I'm not sure. Honestly, I think Tony and Kevin should either completely start over with the staff, or actually listen to player's complaints about the staff's inactivity.

People have lives, but how can they hold responsibility for enforcing rules and everything when they're never on?
It just doesn't make sense, and it isn't fair to the people more deserving of a position.

ISkillahI
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:49 pm

i pk urmom i wrote:
ISkillerI wrote:
Because i stopped , doh

Nobody misses you bro. Smile

Lol u think that?

I sayd more to 50 people to play RoyalScape

But only 15 or something played it.

When i quited they quited to , so stfu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teh devil

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:35 am

umm it seems that no staff is on lately and if there is its a mod,i personaly think its better to have admin on rather than a mod. admin are more effective than moderators,so i have something to propose,switch around positons.by this i mean,select moderators that are more active than a admin and simply just make the mod (eg.dave) a admin ,and make a admin(insert name of inactive admin) and that admin that was made mod becomes more active rearrange the staff.so dave gets mod back and the admin gets admin again.so basically just a switch in positions.

reasons why admin are more effective:
are able to spawn stuffs
more happy with their position
and actually try to care
=O

thats my veiw on this topic Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robin
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:56 am

the devil wrote:
umm it seems that no staff is on lately and if there is its a mod,i personaly think its better to have admin on rather than a mod. admin are more effective than moderators,so i have something to propose,switch around positons.by this i mean,select moderators that are more active than a admin and simply just make the mod (eg.dave) a admin ,and make a admin(insert name of inactive admin) and that admin that was made mod becomes more active rearrange the staff.so dave gets mod back and the admin gets admin again.so basically just a switch in positions.

reasons why admin are more effective:
are able to spawn stuffs
more happy with their position
and actually try to care
=O

thats my veiw on this topic Smile
I'm always open to help but all the probs are most of the time about lost stuff and why would admins be more happy with ther position?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teh devil

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:55 pm

Wouldn't u be happy from going from mod to an admin?------------ (rhetorical question here) I mean I sure as he'll would be happy to get promoted. Just my opinion. I think happy staff are good staff. I am not trying to insult any mods or be demeaning. We are all greatfull that u guys are there for us. I think some ov yu guys need to be switched to admin for a while. cHeErZ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm

I think the inactive ones should just be demoted fully...Not fair to take another player's chance, is it?

Anyways, your view is a good one. But what about experience? If you're giving Dave as an example, it's not a very good one. Dave donated for a moderator position, so I'm guessing that's all he'll be. If it were some other moderator who was more active than an administrator, I think the administrator should be demoted fully, and the moderator should be tested to see if he can handle a higher position.

And yes, there are perks to being an administrator, but I sometimes miss the good old silver crown.

teh devil

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Yea so true about taking another players chance . I am just a fair kind of person and thought the admins could reedeem themselves. Also about experience I just randomly had picked Dave bcuz I remembered his name Smile thanks on the reply. Keep up the great work nine (and other active staff).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ISkillahI
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:44 pm

nine trees wrote:
I think the inactive ones should just be demoted fully...Not fair to take another player's chance, is it?

Anyways, your view is a good one. But what about experience? If you're giving Dave as an example, it's not a very good one. Dave donated for a moderator position, so I'm guessing that's all he'll be. If it were some other moderator who was more active than an administrator, I think the administrator should be demoted fully, and the moderator should be tested to see if he can handle a higher position.

And yes, there are perks to being an administrator, but I sometimes miss the good old silver crown.

I miss the silver crown to Sad

Jking :p

But you'r right the inactive admins/Moderators take changes away for some player who are active and helpfully, some players standing in home like 24/7 and helping every person who got a question. Like now there was 35 players on and no moderator or administrator. I think kevin should demote the moderator/administrators who are inactive or not helpfull. Then the other players got a change to be a great moderator ! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oh g kush
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:49 pm

well you guys should stop talking about it now cuz we alll agree, and actually do something about it lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?   

Back to top Go down

On the brink of destruction... or re-creation?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: