HomePortalHighScoresClient DownloadSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to RoyalScape's Community!
Please vote at royalvote.tk to bring in more players!
You can download the client by clicking the "Download" tab in the navigation bar.
RoyalScape is owned by Kevin, so all donations should be given to him.

Share | 

Staff

Go down 
AuthorMessage
i pk urmom i

PostSubject: Staff   Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:42 pm

lets make this short and sweet.... to many staff and to many are unhelpful = get rid of em

Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Staff   Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:08 pm

We do have too many staff members for just 40 players, most of which aren't even online when most of the rule-breaking goes on.

I know people are going to comment on my post saying "Well, we're allowed to have lives." I realize everyone has a life, but the ones with less free time on their hands can't do as much as the ones with more free time.

The reason people are given a position of staff is because they help out, they follow the rules, and of course they are active. That dedication usually fades once a person is promoted (not only on RoyalScape, but every private server) because they've reached their goals and they're finished with trying hard. That won't last long, because there's something called "a demotion."

There's supposed to be a balanced amount of being demoted and promoted. There hasn't been, just more and more promotions. There should be a strict limit to the amount of staff members.

How many staff members do we have now? 11? I think that moderators can account for 7-8 players, while admins can account for 9-10, so how many is that if more than half is online all at once?
Let's say there's 7 staff members on, and 40 players. Four moderators, and three administrators. Math time?
4x8=32, 3x10=30. Twenty players OVER the limit. How could any staff member be active when there are so many staff members on at once?

Wanna hear a little fun-fact about the last server I played? There were over three-hundred players, and only five staff members on at once.
We were busy, yet we got our job done. By the way, only two were helpful during that time. Think about that. Huge difference, isn't it?

Point is, we don't need as many staff members for the amount of players we have, it just doesn't add up.

i pk urmom i

PostSubject: Re: Staff   Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:12 pm

nine trees wrote:
We do have too many staff members for just 40 players, most of which aren't even online when most of the rule-breaking goes on.

I know people are going to comment on my post saying "Well, we're allowed to have lives." I realize everyone has a life, but the ones with less free time on their hands can't do as much as the ones with more free time.

The reason people are given a position of staff is because they help out, they follow the rules, and of course they are active. That dedication usually fades once a person is promoted (not only on RoyalScape, but every private server) because they've reached their goals and they're finished with trying hard. That won't last long, because there's something called "a demotion."

There's supposed to be a balanced amount of being demoted and promoted. There hasn't been, just more and more promotions. There should be a strict limit to the amount of staff members.

How many staff members do we have now? 11? I think that moderators can account for 7-8 players, while admins can account for 9-10, so how many is that if more than half is online all at once?
Let's say there's 7 staff members on, and 40 players. Four moderators, and three administrators. Math time?
4x8=32, 3x10=30. Twenty players OVER the limit. How could any staff member be active when there are so many staff members on at once?

Wanna hear a little fun-fact about the last server I played? There were over three-hundred players, and only five staff members on at once.
We were busy, yet we got our job done. By the way, only two were helpful during that time. Think about that. Huge difference, isn't it?

Point is, we don't need as many staff members for the amount of players we have, it just doesn't add up.

+1 support Smile good point jamie

PostSubject: Re: Staff   Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Tbh, there is enough cause there is all diff timezones. But then again there is getting to many from people donating etc (no offense to who donated) i think he should make donating for staff gone yes failed grammar Jamie ik.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Staff   Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:20 pm

I brid You Cry wrote:
Tbh, there is enough cause there is all diff timezones. But then again there is getting to many from people donating etc (no offense to who donated) i think he should make donating for staff gone yes failed grammar Jamie ik.

Different time zones, yet staff members are on at the same time. They're all on during 12PM-5PM where I am, then most of us logout. It leaves the server unprotected. We need more diverse timezones, with people that'll actually go on at different times.

oh g kush
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: Staff   Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:00 pm

id say demote or warn whoevers slacking. and get a mod that you actually need. the only active members that are on when theres no staff on are me and donald. the only times im not active are at night, is on the weekends. donald is on everynight that i see but he gets off before i do. and whose david lol? is that gfk1d on the forums?

Last edited by oh g kush on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: Staff   Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Im usually one of the night patrol admins ;p Unfortunately not tonight, Got into an anime series and now Ima no-life it until i finish it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oh g kush
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: Staff   Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:29 pm

lmfaooo nice nice. whats your GTM time? or GMT or whatever it is. mine is -8.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: Staff   Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:30 pm

est... so uh... 1:30 am lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oh g kush
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: Staff   Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:34 pm

dayyum. its 10:34pm right now lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil (Lolwut)

PostSubject: Re: Staff   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:53 am

I think that the amount of staff at the moment could work for a while, if they each commit to being on at specific times.
I'm not one to judge, so I won't, but I never see people rule breaking outside of pk, so I see no need for so many staff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i pk urmom i

PostSubject: Re: Staff   Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:18 am

Yeah but most of them do absolutely nothing, either they pk and go or stand around afk.

PostSubject: Re: Staff   

Back to top Go down

Staff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RoyalScape :: Forum/Server Suggestions-
Jump to: