HomePortalHighScoresClient DownloadSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to RoyalScape's Community!
Please vote at royalvote.tk to bring in more players!
You can download the client by clicking the "Download" tab in the navigation bar.
RoyalScape is owned by Kevin, so all donations should be given to him.

Share | 
 

 Donating for staff.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stacy
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 23

PostSubject: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:53 am

I think donating for staff should be a no no. Why? Because you never know, people might just ban people/abuse their powers without you even knowing.
They should just be donators/super donators, with powers such as a donator shop or donator only npc's.
Not much but it's something. If anyone agrees with this please post something and i will add your name to the list, thanks.




List

Stacy
Mod Ben


Last edited by Stacy on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 am

Well, Deathbringer is actually a very Good Admin. Even if he Donated, I don't know if RizenX is good yet, Gotta get to know him. And i also don't Agree, Cause yeah, Usually Donator-Staff sucks, But those 2 seems to be Good.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 am

I agree but not all people that donate for staff are complete dickheads.
Back to top Go down
Stacy
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:09 am

My point, i'm just saying to be honest i thought death bringer didn't donate he has a good attitude but rizenx i saw him flaming yesterday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:12 am

Stacy, If you see ANY Staff, Abusing/Flaming: Please take a picture, and post here on Forums.
Back to top Go down
Stacy
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:14 am

Will do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:45 am

Well I've been playing for 3 weeks now and I think the servers been out for four, I didn't see many chances to make an app for admin or mod because they were always full so I just donated, I didn't automatically donate for staff once I joined the server, I played a while regularly, Unlike Omdz and the other guy that got banned. It's funny how people that were your friends that would have supported you being staff look down upon you once you donate for staff. He has donating for a reason, He obviously doesn't want whoever donates to be hated, It takes work to get the money to donate too, You know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vitality
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 169
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 24
Location : Wouldn't you like to know?

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:18 am

Zumori wrote:
Well I've been playing for 3 weeks now and I think the servers been out for four, I didn't see many chances to make an app for admin or mod because they were always full so I just donated, I didn't automatically donate for staff once I joined the server, I played a while regularly, Unlike Omdz and the other guy that got banned. It's funny how people that were your friends that would have supported you being staff look down upon you once you donate for staff. He has donating for a reason, He obviously doesn't want whoever donates to be hated, It takes work to get the money to donate too, You know.

If you felt like you should've been staff, you should have donated for MOD. Not admin. You shouldn't get admin after just three weeks of playing.

In my opinion, people who donate for staff are just half-showing that they can't earn it themselves. You, I'm sure, would've eventually earned it, but donating for it just makes you seem impatient. That, and the fact that you donated for ADMIN. If you donated for mod, I would have some respect for you. But when you jump from Regular Player -> Admin, it just shows you can't earn it like the rest of us.

You and Death are closely the same in my opinion. You both help a lot and have nice attitudes, but you donated for Admin, which immediately cancels out my respect for you.

Of course, I'm just a player, so you shouldn't have to care about whether I respect you or not.

And keep in mind that, like I said, you ARE actually very nice and helpful. So, I won't be mean to you, not out-right.

But I'm not going to respect you either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:24 am

I don't think donating for staff is good but deathbringer is great as everyone is saying :p not sure about rixenX i've only talked to him once and he seemed okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:24 am

Vitality wrote:

If you felt like you should've been staff, you should have donated for MOD. Not admin. You shouldn't get admin after just three weeks of playing.

In my opinion, people who donate for staff are just half-showing that they can't earn it themselves. You, I'm sure, would've eventually earned it, but donating for it just makes you seem impatient. That, and the fact that you donated for ADMIN. If you donated for mod, I would have some respect for you. But when you jump from Regular Player -> Admin, it just shows you can't earn it like the rest of us.

You and Death are closely the same in my opinion. You both help a lot and have nice attitudes, but you donated for Admin, which immediately cancels out my respect for you.

Of course, I'm just a player, so you shouldn't have to care about whether I respect you or not.

And keep in mind that, like I said, you ARE actually very nice and helpful. So, I won't be mean to you, not out-right.

But I'm not going to respect you either.
4 Weeks would be playing since the day it started, there was almost no publicity at 3 weeks and it's still hard for people to find the server, 3 weeks is good for admin considering it's been out for 3 1/2 or so, There was no way to earn it myself if there's no way to apply, I helped people and that's the most I could do as an effort to get staff, Getting staff just progresses that because when normal players see the crown they ask for advice, He put donating for staff in for a reason, As I said you earn the money to earn staff, You are earning it just in a different, labor-related way, There's nothing wrong with being impatient unless what you're doing requires it, I'm not asking for your respect, and I don't expect to earn it, If you want to bash someone for doing something the owner implemented then bash the owner, not me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vitality
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 169
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 24
Location : Wouldn't you like to know?

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:54 am

Zumori wrote:
4 Weeks would be playing since the day it started, there was almost no publicity at 3 weeks and it's still hard for people to find the server, 3 weeks is good for admin considering it's been out for 3 1/2 or so,

3 weeks is good to earn admin? Then why are Donald, ISkillerI, Me, and many other players not admin right now?

Zumori wrote:
There was no way to earn it myself if there's no way to apply, I helped people and that's the most I could do as an effort to get staff, Getting staff just progresses that because when normal players see the crown they ask for advice, He put donating for staff in for a reason, As I said you earn the money to earn staff, You are earning it just in a different, labor-related way, There's nothing wrong with being impatient unless what you're doing requires it, I'm not asking for your respect, and I don't expect to earn it, If you want to bash someone for doing something the owner implemented then bash the owner, not me.

You didn't EARN admin. Perhaps, you EARNED Mod, but you definitely did NOT EARN admin. Your example is saying "If I write a 5-paragraph Essay, I should get an automatic A for this class." It doesn't work that way. If you work at McDonalds, and you run around dancing, your entire shift and get fired, are going to say "But I entertained the customers! So I know I didn't do what my job *said* I should do, but at least I did SOMETHING!" You're still gonna get fired.

I'm not going to start a flame-war over this, but I've already said my opinion. There's no reason for me to be out-right rude to you, but there's no reason to respect you either.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:57 am

Vitality wrote:
Zumori wrote:
4 Weeks would be playing since the day it started, there was almost no publicity at 3 weeks and it's still hard for people to find the server, 3 weeks is good for admin considering it's been out for 3 1/2 or so,

3 weeks is good to earn admin? Then why are Donald, ISkillerI, Me, and many other players not admin right now?

You didn't EARN admin. Perhaps, you EARNED Mod, but you definitely did NOT EARN admin. Your example is saying "If I write a 5-paragraph Essay, I should get an automatic A for this class." It doesn't work that way. If you work at McDonalds, and you run around dancing, your entire shift and get fired, are going to say "But I entertained the customers! So I know I didn't do what my job *said* I should do, but at least I did SOMETHING!" You're still gonna get fired.

I'm not going to start a flame-war over this, but I've already said my opinion. There's no reason for me to be out-right rude to you, but there's no reason to respect you either.

You can't just play for four weeks and expect to get staff, If you were helpful over those 3 weeks yes, if you flamed and raged for 3 weeks, no, It's not just a matter of time. No, I earned the money then donated for admin, If I hadn't earned any money I wouldn't be admin. Therefore I earned it, You can earn things other than one way, You know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vitality
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 169
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 24
Location : Wouldn't you like to know?

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Zumori wrote:
You can't just play for four weeks and expect to get staff, If you were helpful over those 3 weeks yes, if you flamed and raged for 3 weeks, no, It's not just a matter of time. No, I earned the money then donated for admin, If I hadn't earned any money I wouldn't be admin. Therefore I earned it, You can earn things other than one way, You know.

Ugh, you're not seeing my point on this. You're saying you can do one thing, and it automatically counts for something else.

If you do Science work in your English class, do you get an Automatic A in English? No, it's based on the amount of work in that category.

You're saying that if you DONATED for admin, you still EARNED the money. But it's in a different category.

You didn't earn staff in ROYALSCAPE. Not in real life, you didn't earn staff in ROYALSCAPE.

And yeh, let's see. Robin was playing for, 2 weeks, and he got staff? Then why are people like Donald, ISkillerI, etc. NOT staff? By your reasoning, they should be.

My main point is, you didn't earn staff the way you're supposed to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stacy
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Vitality wrote:
Zumori wrote:
You can't just play for four weeks and expect to get staff, If you were helpful over those 3 weeks yes, if you flamed and raged for 3 weeks, no, It's not just a matter of time. No, I earned the money then donated for admin, If I hadn't earned any money I wouldn't be admin. Therefore I earned it, You can earn things other than one way, You know.

Ugh, you're not seeing my point on this. You're saying you can do one thing, and it automatically counts for something else.

If you do Science work in your English class, do you get an Automatic A in English? No, it's based on the amount of work in that category.

You're saying that if you DONATED for admin, you still EARNED the money. But it's in a different category.

You didn't earn staff in ROYALSCAPE. Not in real life, you didn't earn staff in ROYALSCAPE.

And yeh, let's see. Robin was playing for, 2 weeks, and he got staff? Then why are people like Donald, ISkillerI, etc. NOT staff? By your reasoning, they should be.

My main point is, you didn't earn staff the way you're [b]supposed[b] to.

this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deathbringer
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 250
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 24
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:17 pm

I can see what vitality is saying. Me and you Rizenx donated for admin. This means we didn't earn it. Earning it is where players and staff want you to become mod/admin and then giving the position to you. Buying the position is not the same as earning. And i would say a good month of a player, playing this server is good for mod/admin position. Also during that time you must follow the rules. And be active!

I hope you too can respect each other and vitality if you don't want to have respect for me. That is your choice, however i respect you as i respect all the players/ staff on server

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:47 pm

Vitality wrote:

Ugh, you're not seeing my point on this. You're saying you can do one thing, and it automatically counts for something else.

If you do Science work in your English class, do you get an Automatic A in English? No, it's based on the amount of work in that category.

You're saying that if you DONATED for admin, you still EARNED the money. But it's in a different category.

You didn't earn staff in ROYALSCAPE. Not in real life, you didn't earn staff in ROYALSCAPE.

And yeh, let's see. Robin was playing for, 2 weeks, and he got staff? Then why are people like Donald, ISkillerI, etc. NOT staff? By your reasoning, they should be.

My main point is, you didn't earn staff the way you're [b]supposed[b] to.
There's a donation system where you can pay for staff. You can earn it by being helpful and making an application or you can donate for it, Either way it's earning it, In no way is it a different subject. I paid for staff in Royalscape therefore I earned it because you're able to do that. Robin helped people. I'm saying if you're helpful over that time and you made an app, You should have gotten it. I'm not just saying they should be staff after a certain amount of time. If you're friendly to people and you have knowledge of the server and played to the extent where you would have that knowledge, You should get it if a spot is open and you apply. Obviously it is a way you're supposed to, Or Kevin wouldn't have put it in, It's something Kevin allows people to do not a glitch or something accidental. Whether or not it's looked down upon I earned it because you're able to. In no way is it my fault for donating and a reflection of my helpfulness or how hard I tried or would try to get staff without donating, I did something because I had the opportunity to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rils2
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 177
Join date : 2010-08-07
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:12 pm

Stacy wrote:
Will do.
isn't this a spam in rules stands 1-2 words is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin


Posts : 496
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Zumori, Vitality has a point.

You didn't become a staff member on your own. You used an advantage that others may not be able to (donating) to get your spot. Everyone should get a position one way only, and that's by working hard, helping players, and not begging/sucking up to get the spot.

Honestly, I have little respect for people who donate also, hardly anyone does. You can't believe in people who have "cheated" their way to the top to gain respect/enforce rules. It may not be cheating exactly, but you know what I mean.

Deathbringer is doing well as a staff member, though I wish he wouldn't have donated before. He doesn't know many commands, other than the simple ban/mute ones. You may know more, but that doesn't make you better than him. It's simply because you're a donator admin, and to every player, donator admins are all the same.

You could've earned it WITHOUT DONATING. Instead, you took a shortcut and skipped everyone else.
That's exactly why you have little respect, because you seem to impatient to wait, and you seem power hungry.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

_______________________________
[font=Georgia]Head Admin. PM me for any help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://royalscape.realbb.net
i hybrid x
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-08-26
Age : 21
Location : england

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:54 pm

hmm ive been helping players all the time and im trying to earn a staff position i would never donate for it as i like to earn things but deathbringer has done a good job and we are good friends but as i said id never donate im trying to earn it myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:55 pm

Power hungry would be banning the person who spammed me in private chat today, I haven't banned, muted or kicked one person and I don't plan to , I haven't even spawned more than 4 items that I didn't have to begin with, I don't see why the hell you wouldn't like something that's beneficial to the server, If it benefits the server why would you care how it came to be that way, I can see an admin that doesn't do anything, But really, You get angry at people giving money to Kevin, To improve the server you're getting angry over, while the person who gave the money is helping the server also, I became a staff member by myself. No one helped me make the money or donate it. Face it, Life is never going to be completely fair. Everyone has an advantage at everything and if they choose to use it don't blame them, I haven't said I'm better than any other staff member or any other player at that, I'm just saying if you're going to blame someone personally by saying you don't respect them because they helped your server and act like they've changed as a human being completely because they gave away 65$, I've always enforced rules either by reporting or warning people it's against the rules. Obviously as you can see I haven't gained more respect, the only thing I've gained is less motivation to earn things in game, IE: Un-spawnables and more people asking me questions or advice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i hybrid x
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-08-26
Age : 21
Location : england

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:03 pm

zumori i understand what u mean but its not fair on players like me who have been trying to help everybody not just for mod but also to make them feel at home , and if people just donate for that its not fair on the players who have been helping everybody for a spot as the donaters are just taking those spots up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:05 pm

i hybrid x wrote:
zumori i understand what u mean but its not fair on players like me who have been trying to help everybody not just for mod but also to make them feel at home , and if people just donate for that its not fair on the players who have been helping everybody for a spot as the donaters are just taking those spots up.
As I said, Nothing will ever be fair. Refer to your join date and post-count as well. Also Donators don't take spots up, I asked Kevin and all admin spots were full to earn but I could only donate to become admin, Staff spots are still full, I guess you can donate to be staff any time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i hybrid x
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-08-26
Age : 21
Location : england

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Zumori wrote:
i hybrid x wrote:
zumori i understand what u mean but its not fair on players like me who have been trying to help everybody not just for mod but also to make them feel at home , and if people just donate for that its not fair on the players who have been helping everybody for a spot as the donaters are just taking those spots up.
As I said, Nothing will ever be fair. Refer to your join date and post-count as well. Also Donators don't take spots up, I asked Kevin and all admin spots were full to earn but I could only donate to become admin, Staff spots are still full, I guess you can donate to be staff any time.


as i said before i don't want to donate for it i want to earn my position and even if i have to wait 2 - 3 even 2 months i don't mind as ill know if i do get it i earned it myself
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vitality
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 169
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 24
Location : Wouldn't you like to know?

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Zumori wrote:
Power hungry would be banning the person who spammed me in private chat today, I haven't banned, muted or kicked one person and I don't plan to , I haven't even spawned more than 4 items that I didn't have to begin with, I don't see why the hell you wouldn't like something that's beneficial to the server, If it benefits the server why would you care how it came to be that way, I can see an admin that doesn't do anything, But really, You get angry at people giving money to Kevin, To improve the server you're getting angry over, while the person who gave the money is helping the server also, I became a staff member by myself. No one helped me make the money or donate it. Face it, Life is never going to be completely fair. Everyone has an advantage at everything and if they choose to use it don't blame them, I haven't said I'm better than any other staff member or any other player at that, I'm just saying if you're going to blame someone personally by saying you don't respect them because they helped your server and act like they've changed as a human being completely because they gave away 65$, I've always enforced rules either by reporting or warning people it's against the rules. Obviously as you can see I haven't gained more respect, the only thing I've gained is less motivation to earn things in game, IE: Un-spawnables and more people asking me questions or advice.

You know, I never said people donating for staff DOESN'T help the server. In Death and your cases, you actually HELP. Most people who donate don't.

However, you did NOT earn staff the way you're SUPPOSED to.

You did not EARN the crown from PLAYING RoyalScape.

You donated for it.

You did not EARN your position the way you're supposed to.

You donated for it.

Honestly, I never said you were a bad person. You use grammar, you talk like an actual person, and you're overall nice.

But you did NOT earn staff, the way the rest of the Non-donator staff did.

Whether you helped people or not, you are not the judge of whether you "earned" staff or not. Kevin and Tony are. You just didn't GET the position the way you're SUPPOSED to.

Okay? I have no problems with you, except for the fact that you donated. You, no matter how much you say, did not EARN staff. You PAID for it. Yes, you earned the MONEY, but you did NOT EARN staff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i hybrid x
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-08-26
Age : 21
Location : england

PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:09 pm

agreed vitality i have seen you at home helping anybody who asks even me a few times and im sure you may have seen me helping people but you earned that position and most other staff didn't so congratulations you deserved it ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Donating for staff.   

Back to top Go down
 
Donating for staff.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RoyalScape :: Forum/Server Suggestions-
Jump to: