HomePortalHighScoresClient DownloadSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to RoyalScape's Community!
Please vote at royalvote.tk to bring in more players!
You can download the client by clicking the "Download" tab in the navigation bar.
RoyalScape is owned by Kevin, so all donations should be given to him.

Share | 

No rules against swearing?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: No rules against swearing?   Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:44 pm

There's no current rule, and I think there shouldn't be any un-written, spamming swears should be the same as spamming non swears, and receive the same punishment, After all, Words were developed from vibrations in your throat to form something people understand and recognize it's meaning, If you can't handle vibrations/pixels on a screen, you shouldn't be able to handle bloodless combat ingame, I think killing someone is more vulgar than a swear, Which at that shouldn't be vulgar, I look at things for what they are, and a swear is just pixels on a screen that you understand as something with meaning, f**k being darn, just with more emphasis that something went wrong, In my own opinion, swears only add emphasis, not vulgarity. Only 10 year olds and mother's should pester people about swearing, I find it highly annoying whenever you want to add emphasis on something non-insulting and some one yells saying that swearing is bad and you're a bad person for typing a swear and hitting enter thereafter, Really, If you think spitting memes and purposely trying to get people angry isn't worse than saying a simple swear, you're an idiot(Directed towards the new donator that cried about "I Pk Urmom I" swearing in yell and getting him muted, almost perma muted without warning him to stop)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:09 pm

To be honest, you only see it with your own eyes.

Swearing may not be as vulgar as it seems to both of us, but to younger players it means something. I won't mute someone unless it's necessary (i.e. swearing at people continuously,) but I do ask of players to keep the swearing at a minimum.

The server is open to everyone and their opinions. You may want to swear at people just to give emphasis on what they've done, but sometimes it gets out of hand and creates rage-fights over yell. Swearing has gotten out of hand as far as name-calling, insulting, etc. Staff members are just trying to keep the server clean.

Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Fights without swearing would still be considered spam if on yell, Runescape is 13+, I believe, So anyone saying swearing is bad under that age should just plain be muted, It's like going on Modern Warfare 2(Game that has swearing in campaign and non multiplayer modes, and telling people not to swear, Yes, It is in my eyes but I don't have a religion altering my views on life. I wasn't endorsing fights, Nor swearing in its whole, I'm just saying if you want to voice how angry you are that you just lost something valuable, IE: Urmom losing... a party hat I think? I know it wasn't some heated fight over PvP, I'm not sure if it even was related to another player, I just don't think we should have people that haven't matured influencing our server to the point of perma muting someone for swearing, It's something that comes along with going on Runescape private servers that don't have a censor, If you're going to get so upset about swearing go find one with a censor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:51 pm

First of all, this isn't RuneScape. There's no age limit at all.
Religion doesn't effect what you think about swearing.
Kevin can easily make censors. It shouldn't be a mute, but there should be a limit on it.
The only people I see who are swearing aloud in real life are the ones with anger problems, or they have some disorder. Now think about that, but gamewise. It's different from real life, but there's still real people playing, whether they're six or sixty-two.

Vitality
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:35 pm

Honestly, swearing is fine with me, as long as it's more of a down-low.

If people continuously cuss other players out, and swear EXCESSIVELY, then they should get muted.

If it's just a cuss word or two, it's fine with me though. RuneScape isn't meant to be played by people under 13, which is why they *used* to have the "I am older than 13..." contract. And honestly, if someone was offended by swear words (not directed at them) and they WERE 13, they kind've need to.. I dunno, grow up a little. I don't mean that offensively, but I've seen Kindergarder's cuss.

And yes, if a person on here IS offended by the swearing, I suppose they can go find a server with a censor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:09 pm

nine trees wrote:
First of all, this isn't RuneScape. There's no age limit at all.
Religion doesn't effect what you think about swearing.
Kevin can easily make censors. It shouldn't be a mute, but there should be a limit on it.
The only people I see who are swearing aloud in real life are the ones with anger problems, or they have some disorder. Now think about that, but gamewise. It's different from real life, but there's still real people playing, whether they're six or sixty-two.

It's the Runescape base, therefore the same rating and age limit, Religion does in fact effect what you think about it, Because you're more likely to not like it because it's against your religions rules/standards of living, You can't deny it doesn't. Everyone swears around their friends all the time at like 12+, You must live in a very very different area from me then, because the only people I don't see swearing aloud are the people who are afraid to get in trouble for it, Swears are just babble spoonfed to you your whole life to believe making a noise can be bad.The part about people with anger problems or disorders, that's either harshly biased to your general area, or you're just spitting out crap to go against everything I say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:10 pm

I think there should be a rule to not swear i've actually met 9 year olds on the server lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Chrissy wrote:
I think there should be a rule to not swear i've actually met 9 year olds on the server lmao
I think it's more of 9 year olds not belonging on the server, rather than the swears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megapwn

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:09 pm

I wouldn't like a censor on this server. I like speaking my mind out WITHOUT asterisks in my words. Besides, Runescape lets you say 'Buttfucked'. tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i hybrid x

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:07 pm

lol buttfucked , anyway i don't think there should be a censor as long as people dont just swear in every sentence it's ok .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i pk urmom i

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:47 am

If theres a rule on swearing i'll be permanantly muted in 0.000034 seconds

Respected Member
Respected Member

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:49 am

i pk urmom i wrote:
If theres a rule on swearing i'll be permanantly muted in 0.000034 seconds
There is actually only we do allow some swearing but not too much king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
defiled pkz

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Zumori wrote:
There's no current rule, and I think there shouldn't be any un-written, spamming swears should be the same as spamming non swears, and receive the same punishment, After all, Words were developed from vibrations in your throat to form something people understand and recognize it's meaning, If you can't handle vibrations/pixels on a screen, you shouldn't be able to handle bloodless combat ingame, I think killing someone is more vulgar than a swear, Which at that shouldn't be vulgar, I look at things for what they are, and a swear is just pixels on a screen that you understand as something with meaning, f**k being darn, just with more emphasis that something went wrong, In my own opinion, swears only add emphasis, not vulgarity. Only 10 year olds and mother's should pester people about swearing, I find it highly annoying whenever you want to add emphasis on something non-insulting and some one yells saying that swearing is bad and you're a bad person for typing a swear and hitting enter thereafter, Really, If you think spitting memes and purposely trying to get people angry isn't worse than saying a simple swear, you're an idiot(Directed towards the new donator that cried about "I Pk Urmom I" swearing in yell and getting him muted, almost perma muted without warning him to stop)
\
yea its just rude and shows that your a jerk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No rules against swearing?   

Back to top Go down

No rules against swearing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RoyalScape :: Forum/Server Suggestions-
Jump to: