HomePortalHighScoresClient DownloadSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to RoyalScape's Community!
Please vote at royalvote.tk to bring in more players!
You can download the client by clicking the "Download" tab in the navigation bar.
RoyalScape is owned by Kevin, so all donations should be given to him.

Share | 

Forum Reputation?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mischief
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Forum Reputation?   Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:16 pm

A reputation system would be a neat feature around the forums, not really a necessarily feature but a neat one. The feature could also potentially come in handy when choosing staff, those on the forums tend to vote "no" in polls come election time so... a good reputation could counter the "no" votes submitted by those who're only looking out for their personal agenda (things like this could make the feature useful beyond the ego aspect.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Forum Reputation?   Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:34 pm

It's not a bad idea,
But I know another server where some people just made new accounts to down vote,
In this situation I already see that coming compared to people that vote on other people’s reputation because they want the staff spot.
But I like the Reputation idee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Reputation?   Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Mmm.

Good idea then the members will also do a little kinder to other member for a reputation point Wink
Back to top Go down
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Reputation?   Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Not sure if it's available on Forumotion, they're usually very limited on what you can do. I've looked for it before, couldn't find it.

But...
Applications aren't based on the votes, they're based on how well the players do in-game, if they follow the rules, their dedication, etc.
Everyone knows that most people try to vote no on another person's application to a spot for themselves. Some people even make new accounts to vote yes on their own poll, and no on another player's poll.

That's exactly why staff members are chosen without complete consideration to the polls. By the way, you used "necessarily" instead of "necessary." Sly

Mischief
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Forum Reputation?   Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Robin wrote:
It's not a bad idea,
But I know another server where some people just made new accounts to down vote,
In this situation I already see that coming compared to people that vote on other people’s reputation because they want the staff spot.
But I like the Reputation idee.

They're already doing that during polls, the member count sky rocketed.

ISkillerI wrote:
Mmm.

Good idea then the members will also do a little kinder to other member for a reputation point Wink

That'd be nice, even if for self-motive it'd be nice to see a kinder community.

nine trees wrote:
Not sure if it's available on Forumotion, they're usually very limited on what you can do. I've looked for it before, couldn't find it.

But...
Applications aren't based on the votes, they're based on how well the players do in-game, if they follow the rules, their dedication, etc.
Everyone knows that most people try to vote no on another person's application to a spot for themselves. Some people even make new accounts to vote yes on their own poll, and no on another player's poll.

That's exactly why staff members are chosen without complete consideration to the polls. By the way, you used "necessarily" instead of "necessary." Sly

Forgot we're on Forumotion, it'd be nice to find but again not necessary. Picky picky, I think I was writing something else and backspaced just not far enough to correct the word, silly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Reputation?   

Back to top Go down

Forum Reputation?
Page 1 of 1