HomePortalHighScoresClient DownloadSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to RoyalScape's Community!
Please vote at royalvote.tk to bring in more players!
You can download the client by clicking the "Download" tab in the navigation bar.
RoyalScape is owned by Kevin, so all donations should be given to him.

Share | 
 

 Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
1337
Junior Member
Junior Member
avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-08-02
Age : 24
Location : United States

PostSubject: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:37 pm

Just trying to start this topic of the forums off. Please Note: INTELLIGENT DEBATE. NOT FOR IDIOTS TO POST "YES IT SHOULD BECAUSE I LIKE TO GET HIGH."

So, do you think Marijuana be legalized in the United States? Why or why not.

I say yes because, it's less addictive than nicotine, less harmful than alcohol, and thousands of people go to prison for possession. If it were legalized, scum bag drug dealers would be out of jobs, the price would plummet, drug lords would be nothing, the cops would be freer to pursue the hard drugs, and the prisons would be emptier. Plus I'd rather be an avid weed smoker, than cigarette smoker.

What is your opinion?


Last edited by 1337 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nine trees
Head Admin
Head Admin


Posts : 496
Join date : 2010-07-26
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:09 pm

In Canada it's legalized, why not here? I mean, a lot of drugs here in the USA have other drugs/chemicals added. It's not some underground thing there in Canada, it's a business, just like cigarettes. They have procedures, health concerns, and more. Though there should be some restrictions, like no smoking and driving, under-aged smoking, etc. Besides that, marijuana should be legalized. I wouldn't smoke it, but it's something that some people enjoy.

_______________________________
[font=Georgia]Head Admin. PM me for any help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://royalscape.realbb.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:36 pm

I think yes, why is it so bad if a dumb kid takes too much and die? I think nothing, you can use it, wiseley or stupidy! People gonna say it's "addicted" maybe, but not for real you just gonna miss the feeling?
Back to top Go down
Vitality
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 169
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 24
Location : Wouldn't you like to know?

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:51 pm

Actually, if it becomes legalized, more people who haven't tried it WILL try it, most likely get addicted, and raise the price more.

Eventually, it would go into a stable price, but honestly I think there are too many "exceptions" where it shouldn't be allowed.

And, just because it's "less harmful" doesn't mean it's good for you. Then again, it actually HELPS people with some diseases. So meh, I'm kinda neutral on this one. Although I think it'd hurt more than help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:26 am

Vitality wrote:
Actually, if it becomes legalized, more people who haven't tried it WILL try it, most likely get addicted, and raise the price more.

Eventually, it would go into a stable price, but honestly I think there are too many "exceptions" where it shouldn't be allowed.

And, just because it's "less harmful" doesn't mean it's good for you. Then again, it actually HELPS people with some diseases. So meh, I'm kinda neutral on this one. Although I think it'd hurt more than help.

"Actually, if it becomes legalized, more people who haven't tried it WILL try it"

Well, by some people it's if they don't allowed to do that, they will do it.
I agree on the prices, you can compare with the Grand Exchange Very Happy
Yes, it can hurt or not depends how it went there also "Bad Trips"
It's kinda neutral as you said. It has pros and cons.
Back to top Go down
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Marijuana isn't addictive, it only becomes less effective the more you do it bringing you to stronger marijuana or stronger drugs, hence the gateway drug theory, I think it should be legalized but laws on other drugs should be stricter rather than how lenient they are now, Marijuana is similar to being addicted to nicotine without being addicted, you can relieve some stress and calm down without being addicted and getting jitters/cranky whenever you don't have it for a day or two, depending on how bad your addiction is, I think Marijuana should be legalized because it doesn't impair your thinking, just makes you a little bit... giggly(Lol'd) Although it makes you lazy and hungry and would make you NOT want to drive, I think there should be a law on driving under the influence of it, If it was ever legalized.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:06 pm

In my country its legal?

Why not in your country?

Idk dumb rule , lol
Back to top Go down
i pk urmom i
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 272
Join date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Simple solution move to amsterdam.

And also the druglords won't run out of there job because it's just marijuana drug lords sell more harmful drugs including heroine, cocaine, crack ,acid and stuff. Marijuana is just as bad as drinking and driving, I don't want no pot head's driving on the roads now do I?


PROUD VIRGIN OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i pk urmom i
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 272
Join date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:09 pm

nine trees wrote:
In Canada it's legalized, why not here? I mean, a lot of drugs here in the USA have other drugs/chemicals added. It's not some underground thing there in Canada, it's a business, just like cigarettes. They have procedures, health concerns, and more. Though there should be some restrictions, like no smoking and driving, under-aged smoking, etc. Besides that, marijuana should be legalized. I wouldn't smoke it, but it's something that some people enjoy.


It's not legal in canada only for perscriptions on severe cases in hospitals, i live in canada :O?

I know cause my friend got caught at school with weed in his locker and the police came and he got charged.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Quote :
Simple solution move to amsterdam.

And also the druglords won't run out of there job because it's just marijuana drug lords sell more harmful drugs including heroine, cocaine, crack ,acid and stuff. Marijuana is just as bad as drinking and driving, I don't want no pot head's driving on the roads now do I?


PROUD VIRGIN OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES.

Not everyone has the option to move to Amsterdam, Legalizing pot would actually give drug lords less business, If thats what you meant, Less people would choose other drugs and just use the legal one, Marijuana itself isn't as bad as it because it's less likely to be harmful to other people, You have the same chance of being in a crash when on Marijuana or not, Are you trying to compare drinking ethanol, A chemical found in gas, to smoking a natural herb?

Quote :
It's not legal in canada only for perscriptions on severe cases in hospitals, i live in canada :O?

I know cause my friend got caught at school with weed in his locker and the police came and he got charged.

It is in fact illegal in Canada, but if its under 30 grams, You only get a fine, and not arrested. Also Pk, Stop spamming, Almost every topic I've seen you made 2+ repliesto answer people, do it in one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xerus



Posts : 2
Join date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:28 am

Marijuana is not addictive at ALL. People who get "addicted" to it are the type of people who have addictive personalities and it's in their genetics.

Marijuana when in a vaporized state does 0 harm to your body if you are past the pubescent stages in life.

Marijuana has NEVER killed anyone by itself from a THC overdose, either the Marijuana was laced with another drug, pesticide, or the person was drugged on purpose.

Marijuana brings in more money than tobacco, and people kill over it. Legalizing Marijuana would lower prices, bring the government tax revenue, and make people happier.

Marijuana was only banned because a smear campaign was run against it, as hemp threatened to take over the paper making industry. This campaign included people saying "Marijuana causes rape, Marijuana causes blindness, Marijuana causes excess hair growth, and Marijuana causes violent behavior". I am an avid pot smoker, and never have I felt anything but laziness whilst i was high. None of my friends neither felt like this. That is because THC is a psychoactive sedative.

Marijuana takes pain away from people with causing addiction. It is one of two sedatives that is NOT made from opiates currently. Marijuana has cured people from Morphine addiction as well.

With that said, why NOT legalize it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i pk urmom i
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 272
Join date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:42 am

zumori... are you dumb why would you get a fine if its legal? *facemachete*


also im not spamming... spamming is using less thena sentence over and over in a thread so GTFO.

_______________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mischief
Donator
Donator
avatar

Posts : 277
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 24
Location : Lost in my harmoniously chaotic mind.

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Personally, I believe it's a double edged sword. Legalizing it has its definitive advantages and not from a stoner's view point either. On the other end keeping it illegal also has it's definitive advantages. Both sides can be argued from an intelligent and reasonable standing. Legalizing it would among other things put a stop to something I've had first hand experience with myself, good people being charged with possession which ultimately could ruin their lives. That's just one quick thing I can mention without going into discussion. As for Marijuana remaining illegal, it's still ultimately a mind-altering drug (personal belief it's no worse than self-mutilation through other legal means such as alcohol and tobacco which should also be out lawed.) High on life is all you need, beats the green any time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Quote :
zumori... are you dumb why would you get a fine if its legal? *facemachete*


also im not spamming... spamming is using less thena sentence over and over in a thread so GTFO.
You're in the wrong section, this is Intelligent debate.
I didn't say it was legal, I said it's illegal but you only receive a fine if it's under 1 ounce. You didn't have two quotes therefore you could have done those two in one post, You didn't have to make another just to make a quote, so it's not multi-quote to blame.
Go crawl back in that putrid hags ass that spit you out 12 years ago you failed piece of shit troll.
/rage
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mischief
Donator
Donator
avatar

Posts : 277
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 24
Location : Lost in my harmoniously chaotic mind.

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:50 pm

Zumori wrote:
Quote :
zumori... are you dumb why would you get a fine if its legal? *facemachete*


also im not spamming... spamming is using less thena sentence over and over in a thread so GTFO.
You're in the wrong section, this is Intelligent debate.
I didn't say it was legal, I said it's illegal but you only receive a fine if it's under 1 ounce. You didn't have two quotes therefore you could have done those two in one post, You didn't have to make another just to make a quote, so it's not multi-quote to blame.
Go crawl back in that putrid hags ass that spit you out 12 years ago you failed piece of shit troll.
/rage

I see your spam which you've spammed in response to spam and I will raise you another spam posting.

Not really, I'm here to argue my side of the story after my last posting leaving it unclear which side I am on. I am all against legalizing Marijuana, in my opinion the cons out weigh the pros in this case. I caught glimpse of someone earlier in the thread saying Marijuana isn't additive, which is completely false. The substance may not be physically additive, however, it is psychologically additive for many people. If Marijuana were to be legalized more people would "try" the substance which could still very much ruin their lives via the substance offering a gateway into other substances, lost jobs, etc...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zumori
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:19 pm

You'd only get addicted to it if you have an addictive personality, People with addictive personalities are bound to get addicted to something Whether it be good or bad, it depends on your lifestyle, If it were legalized the rate of people getting addicted to more harmful drugs would be the same, If they were desperate enough to need the high of something more potent. In an illegal marijuana current world, People get addicted to pills, then to more potent illegal drugs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:34 pm

I think it should be legalized it's really just a plant lol but people use it for other purposes tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mischief
Donator
Donator
avatar

Posts : 277
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 24
Location : Lost in my harmoniously chaotic mind.

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Zumori wrote:
You'd only get addicted to it if you have an addictive personality, People with addictive personalities are bound to get addicted to something Whether it be good or bad, it depends on your lifestyle, If it were legalized the rate of people getting addicted to more harmful drugs would be the same, If they were desperate enough to need the high of something more potent. In an illegal marijuana current world, People get addicted to pills, then to more potent illegal drugs.

I've seen plenty a person without an addictive personally become psychologically addicted to Marijuana. You're right, people with addictive personalities are bound to be addicted to something however, many of those people also refrain from trying Marijuana because it is illegal. If it were legalized the rate of Marijuana gateways would increase due to the simple fact the illegal barrier isn't stopping those "good" people who abide by the law. First hand experience pills, yes, are a very common drug to abuse but also because they're easily and legally obtained by many people (those who get them legally which count for a majority where I'm from.) Legalizing Marijuana would put a level of comfort into peoples mind which would allow many more people to try it, become addicted, gateway to another drug, and ultimately ruin their lives... people who if the drug had remained illegal would have never been comfortable trying it. Even if you argue it's a small percentage, one person is all it takes to make the bill worth while.

Now, just because I support the idea of keeping Marijuana illegal doesn't mean I support the legalization on some level. I believe the consequences of lower-end possession and such should be reduced dramatically. Many good people lose their jobs, lives, and credibility because of a simple possession charge for Marijuana which was intended for personal use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vitality
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 169
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 24
Location : Wouldn't you like to know?

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Xerus wrote:
I am an avid pot smoker, and never have I felt anything but laziness whilst i was high.

Exactly the point of why it SHOULDN'T be legalized. There would be too many "exceptions" to the law.

You can't use it during or before school hours.

Can't use it on jobs.

Everyone is going to become more fat than they already are >.>

It's like saying, "Here, have a cookie. But you can't eat the cookie till I tell you to. And I will never tell you to eat the cookie."

Just useless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mischief
Donator
Donator
avatar

Posts : 277
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 24
Location : Lost in my harmoniously chaotic mind.

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Vitality wrote:
Xerus wrote:
I am an avid pot smoker, and never have I felt anything but laziness whilst i was high.

Exactly the point of why it SHOULDN'T be legalized. There would be too many "exceptions" to the law.

You can't use it during or before school hours.

Can't use it on jobs.

Everyone is going to become more fat than they already are >.>

It's like saying, "Here, have a cookie. But you can't eat the cookie till I tell you to. And I will never tell you to eat the cookie."

Just useless.

Indeed, there are too many variables in the matter to definitively legalize the substance. I'm on one side of the fence not because I flat out despise the substance and those who use it, simply because there are slightly more reasons not to legalize it in my mind than there are reason to legalize it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crunk
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:30 pm

In my country it is legal, Because I live in maastricht (the most southern point of the netherlands) we see Belgium people calledd "drugsrunners" drive around in their cars every day.
They cause a lot of problems because most of them are criminals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:45 pm

Man no, Just No. I'd get High all Day'n'Night...I'd be high Ingame.
Back to top Go down
Mischief
Donator
Donator
avatar

Posts : 277
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 24
Location : Lost in my harmoniously chaotic mind.

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:41 pm

Tony wrote:
Man no, Just No. I'd get High all Day'n'Night...I'd be high Ingame.

At least you're honest, however, where do you stand on the issue? Kind of leaves room, "No I don't want it to be legalized for this reason..." or "No, you're wrong it should be legalized for this reason..."?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrissy
Respected Member
Respected Member
avatar

Posts : 176
Join date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Legalize Marijuana Noobs!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:00 am

Fine...Legalize it...>.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)   

Back to top Go down
 
Should Marijuana Be Legalized? (United States)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: